9:00 am - 1:00 pm
In an evolving managed care marketplace new payer service delivery requirements and expectations are changing the way community mental health…
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
The focus of the summit is on exploring successful innovative treatment programs for consumers with complex support needs. The day…
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
A winning marketing plan is one of the basic business necessities that every health and human service organization needs –…
9:00 am - 10:00 am
The health and human service system is being shaped by a payer focus on integration through consumer-centric care coordination between…
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Sponsored by Grafton Integrated Health Network Less than one third of consumers with serious mental illness receive evidence-based treatment. With…
9:00 am - 10:00 am
In the current health and human service market, payers are focused on reducing the spend on the complex consumer population…
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Once organizations gain the competencies needed for value-based contracting and have a leadership team with the necessary skills, the next…
About the Institute
The only national event focused on moving innovation to action by providing the management and clinical best practices every executive needs to improve the service system for consumers with complex conditions
Tuesday of Management Best Practices Week kicks off with two exciting events: Designing & Implementing Innovative Treatment Programs: An OPEN MINDS Executive Summit & Showcase, a full day event focused on exploring successful innovative treatment programs for consumers with complex support needs, and How To Develop A Successful Marketing Plan: The OPEN MINDS Seminar On Marketing Strategy that will walk though the steps needed to design a successful marketing plan based on your organization’s strategic goals.
Wednesday, Devan J. Cross, President, MHN opens the event with Integration, The End Of The Carve-Out & The Importance Of Financing – The Health Plan Role In Facilitating Whole Person Care.
Thursday, David K. White, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer, Baymark Health Services will present The Future Of National Specialty Organizations: Where Do Specialists Fit In An Integrated World?.
The institute will feature over 15 executive sessions, including didactic educational sessions; panel discussions with industry thought leaders; case model learning sessions featuring innovative organization and programs.
All institute sessions are led by highly experienced OPEN MINDS moderators with guest speakers presenting their organization’s projects and a wide range of viewpoints. Guest speakers include:
- Christopher Yadron, Ph.D., LCPC, CADC, Vice President of the West Region and Administrator of the Betty Ford Center, Hazelden Betty Ford Foundation
- Briana Gilmore, Director of Planning & Recovery Practice, Community Access,
- Sue Ann Atkerson, LPC, MBA, Chief Operating Officer, RI International
- Kristi Daugherty, LCSW, LISW, MBA, Chief Executive Officer, Emergence Health Network
- Lori M. Schmidt, Director of Behavioral Health, HealthPartners
- Jeremy J. Gatto, MSW, LICSW, Clinical Social Worker, HealthPartners
- Clayton Chau, M.D., Ph.D., Regional Executive Medical Director, So Joseph Hoag Health/Providence St Joseph Health Southern CA Region
- Carol Carmichael, Area Vice President Network Strategy, Beacon Health Options
- Diane Beastrom, President & Chief Executive Officer, Koinonia Homes, Inc.
- Mario San Bartolomé, M.D., MBA, M.R.O., FASAM, National Medical Director, Substance Use Disorders, Molina Healthcare, Inc.
- And More!
Throughout the week, 16 cutting-edge vendors will be in the exhibit hall available to discuss their products and services to support your organization’s initiatives. Formal & informal networking opportunities are available throughout the institute.
Friday, closes out the week with The OPEN MINDS Children’s Services Executive Summit, a full day event focused on meeting the challenges of children’s services.
Join 300+ executives, thought leaders, industry experts, and program innovators from across the country August 14 -17 in Long Beach, California for this information packed event! Register your team online today!